Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
"Class A” CDL Driver- Part-Time
at Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Move, Build, Grow your career!
We're looking for a "Class A" CDL Driver: Part-time in Chehalis, Washington,covering Tacoma surrounding Cities,Washington .
IronPlanet is looking for “Class A” CDL Drivers to work within IronPlanet's Government Services business, specifically to meet the contractual requirements of the Rolling Stock & recently won Non-Rolling Stock contracts with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), a division of the US Department of Defense (DoD). The contracts represent more than $100 million in annual sales volume and over 50,000 pieces of inventory (trucks, trailers, construction, and agriculture and material handling equipment, as well as textiles) located across the United States, including Hawaii, Alaska, Guam and Puerto Rico. The Territory POC/Drivers will have “cradle to grave” responsibility for the usable surplus Rolling Stock and Non-Rolling Stock Property that is generated by the assigned site(s) and will serve as the primary field level contact for his assigned site(s). These assigned sites may include a combination of DLA DISPOSITION SERVICES facilities, Receipt-In-Place government locations, and IronPlanet Storage yards. These sites will be assigned based on the estimated volume of Rolling Stock & Non-Rolling Stock Property generated within a set geography. The CDL Driver will be responsible for the safe operation of company provided vehicles and trailers including securing loads, maintaining driver “E Logs”, pre-trip and post trip inspections, and scheduling maintenance on company equipment. Transport and deliver freight over the road over long distances in a safe, efficient, timely and legal manner. ... Load and unload trailers and perform lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying freight. The CDL driver may also be required to meet with DLA and conduct Joint Inventory, in IronPlanet NetSuite application. The CDL Driver will be responsible for managing HOS and operating in compliance with FMCSA & Company Regulations.
In this role you'll:
- Conduct weekly joint inventory process with the DLA DISPOSITION SERVICES' site POC and identify any item discrepancies.
- Transport IronPlanet property from military installation and/or IronPlanet consolidation point to an IronPlanet storage facility
- Complete IronPlanet's inspections process for each item and ensure that all information is accurate for the property listing on IronPlanet's marketplace.
- Comply with all company and DOT regulations regarding driving commercial vehicles (including but not limited to; vehicle inspection reports, maintaining driver logs and managing Hours of Service)
- Identify and load property onto truck using best tie down practices for safe transport
Here's what you bring:
- High school diploma, or equivalency certificate, required at a minimum. Also considered a plus are college degrees and technical school certificates
- Current CDL-A license with merged medical card, Fork Lift Certification
- 5 years of heavy equipment or transportation industry experience, and 2 years OTR experience
This job will require you to:
- Must be able to clear background through the DOL for a Common Access Card(CAC) and have a clean driving record.
- Maneuver on and about various types of equipment, machinery and vehicles; Be able to climb ladders, steps, and across machinery while properly maintaining three points of contact per OSHA guidelines
- Be able to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
- Customer service oriented given the need to frequently interface with DLA Disposition Service personnel, buyers, and co-workers. Also, must be highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Be able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Function in all types of weather environments to include hot and cold temperature ranges, rain and snow.
- Travel to other sites up to 80% of the time.
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we've proven this throughout our 55 years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here's how:
- Competitive hourly salary paid overtime
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- 401(K) and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.