Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Culinary - Kitchen Supervisor, Full Time
at Samaritan Healthcare
All of us, for each of you, every time.
Together, inspiring healthy communities
At Samaritan Healthcare we are dedicated to providing healthcare services to the community that we serve. We are committed to providing the very best work environment for our employees and the very best care to our patients.
Samaritan Healthcare has an exciting new opportunity within our Nutrition Services Department! We are seeking a Culinary - Kitchen Supervisor to join our healthcare community! Do you have experience in developing and executing menus in creative and innovate ways? Do you communicate effectively across functional areas for a collaborative and team-based approach to excellent service delivery? In serving as the Culinary - Kitchen Supervisor you will be responsible for the organization and development of food service systems to include the daily operation and supervision of the Nutrition Services department and its staff. This includes culinary education, basic cost control understanding, basic communication, leadership skills, and computer skills.
You may qualify for this position with the following qualifications and experience:
- Completion of an accredited 2-year Culinary Arts Food Service program from an Accredited Institution or 5 years’ equivalent work experience in a restaurant or institutional food service.
- Demonstrated experience in quality-oriented catering and/or banquets requiring excellent presentation skills.
- Previous experience in the role of a supervisor with strong leadership and management skills working with a variety of associates of different skill levels and varied backgrounds.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Demonstrated experience with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Outlook, E-mail, and the Internet.
- Exhibit a working knowledge of a food safety program (i.e. HACCP, ServSafe, or other comparable food safety program).
- Current Washington State Food Handler’s Permit required, ServSafe certification is preferred.
- Healthcare experience with clinical knowledge of diets and modifications preferred.
This is a full-time, exempt position with availability to cover evenings and occasional weekends/holidays. Samaritan Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package.