Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Federal Construction Superintendent
- Park Place
- Job ID
Federal Contractor with multi-state operations is seeking a highly motivated and professional Project Superintendent. This position will coordinate day to day activities of project phases. Periods of extensive travel will be required. Role will be heavily involved from the Pre-Construction phase forward. The main purpose will be to bring in safe projects on time, on budget, and within quality standards. Our corporate offices are located in Seattle, WA, we will consider qualified professionals within the continental US.
The likely candidate will have the ability to comprehend the government quality control system and its processes. Must be able to coordinate and work with on-site QC system and it's process. Able to coordinate work with onsite QC Managers successfully and will be responsible for the overall quality of work. Will also implement and ensurce strict safety guidelines.
- Plan and review project work with the Project Foreman and Field Staff;
- Self perform carpentry and/or work in small groups to perform small projects
- Able to complete moderate paperwork, including: daily production reports, look ahead schedules, tool box safety meetings;
- Conduct periodic production meetings with the customer and subcontractor coordination meetings;
- Manage and plan for jobsite logistics, organization, project layout, equipment and manpower utilization;
- Keep PM informed of changes in the field to ensure changes are covered by general contract change order and subcontract change order processes;
- Obtain, or ensure subcontractors obtain all necessary permits for construction purposes;
- Assist or Maintain project schedule in coordination with the PM;
- Quality control - Daily QC/Field reports and meetings;
- Manage scheduling and expediting the delivery of materials and equipment, timely;
- Ensure all work meets plans and specs;
- Housekeeping, keep job sites clean and safe;
- Problem solving and troubleshooting;
- Daily coordination/communication with facility personnel;
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor the activities of all subcontractors, suppliers and employees;
- Daily implementation of SCL Safety program and policies;
- Daily implementation of all construction documents and specifications compliance;
- Daily communications with PM, following up on issues, PO’s, Submittals, etc;
- Weekly safety and progress meetings and documentation;
- Weekly review of submittal register and necessary contacts to subs requesting outstanding submittals;
- Weekly reporting of all necessary SCL documents- expenses, mileage, etc;
- Confirm subs are updating as-builts as required and SCL updates as well;
- Monthly reporting to applicable environmental group of all HAZMAT, MSDS, and documentation;
- Meeting attendance throughout projects with owners, subs, architects, and engineers;
- All communication between design team & owner must be communicated with PM staff in writing, so the PM can get documented & properly distribute;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite Programs;
- Manage budget, weekly analysis of fee margin;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Additional work activities as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- 10 Years federal construction direct work experience as Project Superintendent;
- College degree (Engineering or Architectural) or equivalent construction experience;
- US Army Corps of Engineers Projects (Federal/Military), NAVFAC (Navy/Military) Project Experience;
- USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors certification;
- Exhibits high level ability to interpret plans and specifications;
- Ability to supervise the site project process with a high degree of construction knowledge;
- Detail oriented and thorough with good organization skills;
- Exhibits good problem solving skills and shows logical process to decision making;
- Willing to travel according to site visit needs;
- Basic contract law understanding;
- Proficiency with MS Office Word and Excel;
- Multi task oriented capable of running multiple tasks concurrently;
- Understanding direct and indirect cost to a project;
- Understand of accounting and budgeting process;
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of project stakeholders
- Proactive and responsive in a team environment.
- Physical ability to lift materials up to 40 lbs., climb stairs, climb ladders and navigate uneven work surfaces under construction
Qualifications that are highly desirable but not mandatory include the following:
- High level experience with MS Project and/or Primavera software;
- OSHA 30 Hr Construction Industry Safety Training;
- ARC Standard First Aid/ Adult CPR.