Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Buyer - Fife Location
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
This individual will assist buyers in responsibilities surrounding inventory management.
Join our Team!!
Upon offer; you will be required to complete a background check and drug tests.
- Perform vendor and item set up and maintenance.
- Set up special order item numbers, place special orders and drop shipments, monitor and report unshipped special orders.
- Oversee non-stock item programs, including maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Work directly with vendors, marketing and sales department to identify and liquidate products that are aged inventory, have a short shelf life and/or are overstocked.
- Assist buyers with vendor issues, including product returns and requests for item or price information.
- Utilize Evant/DPR to maintain inventory levels during buyers’ absence and assist in all procurement areas as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school and two years of college or equivalent experience required, college degree preferred.
- Purchasing experience in the food service industry preferred.
- Computer literacy essential, including MS Word and Excel; experience with Evant/DPR preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to organize and prioritize workload, and ability to work well with all levels of associates and customers.
- Must be customer focused and able to provide great service for both internal and external customers.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status