Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Buyer - Fife
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
This individual will be responsible for all procurement and inventory management of disposables items, working closely with the category manager.
- Maintain a customer centered focus at all times
- Work closely with the category manager and sales team to help anticipate customer needs and communicate any issues that may impact our customers in a timely manner
- Purchase and manage inventory for 3 distribution centers
- Proficiently utilize the Evant/DPR buying system, maintaining sales forecasts and correctly performing all item and vendor maintenance
- Manage relationships with vendors and brokers, ensuring our service expectations are met
- Answer purchasing or vendor related questions from all other associates, including sales associates and operations personnel
- Manage inventory efficiently, ensuring proper product flow and days on hand
- Monitor inventory closely to prevent aged inventory
- Oversee multiple, customer specific programs relating to private print products
- Expedite late orders as needed
- Oversee "just in time" program for non-stock products
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required, college degree preferred
- Great communications skills are critical to success in this job. Candidates MUST be outstanding communicators and be able to work with many different types of individuals, sometimes under pressure and time constraints
- Purchasing experience in the food industry preferred
- Product knowledge helpful,but not necessary
- Computer literacy essential, including MS Office product; experience with replenishment software (especially Evant/DPR) and ERP software preferred
- Great time management skills and ability to organize and prioritize heavy workload required
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status