Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Assistant - Fife
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
Assist the Branch Credit Manager and District Credit Managers by contacting various credit references given on applications to complete credit investigation.
Maintain and establish all new and existing accounts. Assist in all aspects of Sales and Customer Service support. Organize and process deposits for Accounts Receivable.
Distribute deposit reports to accounts receivable cash posters for posting and to credit managers for review.
- Process all credit applications. Log in, set up on computer, create file, send welcome letter and file.
- Call for credit rating on all credit references given on application, i.e., trade references, banking information and food competitors.
- Administer all credit reports on TRW and Experian.
- Maintain all resale tax certificates. Update new accounts, send letters requesting information, and distribute monthly tax expiration report to Credit Managers.
- Assist Credit Managers with credit ratings. List all information requested from the customer master and distribute to Credit Manager for payment rating. Ratings given by fax only.
- COD Log, take driver calls, discuss with credit manager, relay information to sales associates.
- SPL changes, Pricing Bracket changes, Group code changes: Approvals and appropriate paper work.
- Screen and refer telephone calls for Credit department. Provide various aspects of customer support (EG. account balances, reconciling of accounts, address changes, invoice copies, etc.)
- Provide support to Sales Staff, including Credit and Accounts information, revisions, invoice copies, etc.
- Separate and distribute all daily mail and reports to associates within department.
- Provide and create outgoing correspondence and computer spreadsheets for departmental needs. (eg. MIL Letters, NSF letters, COD, Logs, etc.)
- Monitor all District Managers accounts. Inactive when not in use.
- Compute monthly set-up report, summarizing all new account activity for month. Providing visual charts for set up and term information.
- Monitor and order all office supplies for credit and accounts receivable.
- Notify Sales and Credit managers daily for COD orders left on delivery via cc mail.
- Coordinate various deposit types and forward to cash posters in accounts receivable for processing
- Other duties as assigned
- Formal Education: High School with some college in Accounting, English &/or Communication preferred or equivalent experience.
- On-the-Job Experience: 6 months to 1 year of credit experience and/or Food Service Industry experience; 1 - 2 years office experience.
- Special Knowledge: Computer; MS Word, Excel, and Database programs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effective oral and written communication skills and good customer relations; ability to work with all levels and types of people; ability to prioritize workload.
- Frequent stand/walk short distances within office areas or performing outside office activities
- Constant sitting depending on task assigned for prolonged periods of time
- Occasional bending/twisting at waist/knees/neck to and from seated position while performing routine office activities
- Constant use of both hands/arms simultaneously while performing desktop activities, keying data, operating office equipment
- Constant use of speech/hearing/sight abilities required to perform essential functions of the job.
- Occasional lifting 1-10lbs
- Frequent stair climbing to and from work area
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately
- Must meet work schedules and deadlines as assigned
- Must have mathematical ability, be able to accurately calculate figures using 10-key or other means
- Must be able to work with constant interruptions, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, complete all tasks as assigned
- Must be organized, able to work independently
- Must have interpersonal skills, good oral/written communications skills
- Must be able to interact with customers, providing information, respond in courteous manner
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.