Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Assistant - Everett Facility
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- Must be able to work any day and any shift
When you join the family of Associates at FSA, you are joining a team which puts the emphasis on you -- the employee -- our most valuable resource. FSA is a great company to work for with full benefits and a supportive atmosphere that rewards initiative and integrity. That's why our associates love it here, and why former employees regularly return after working elsewhere.
We are currently looking for a local Delivery Assistant to join our expanding team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, Food Services of America treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career. Selected candidates will be offered company paid Driving school to obtain their CDL Class A license and will be paid while attending school.
This is a union position with company paid medical/dental and vision premiums
We do drug test and background investigations.
- Deliver products to customers and perform customer relations functions.
- Work with Driver to complete multiple stops and cross checking products with customer orders.
- Deliver merchandise, off-load items using hand-truck and truck ramp, with accompanying
paperwork, to customers along a predetermined delivery route in a safe and efficient manner.
- Practice safety every step of the way.
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
- Maintain the highest level of delivery accuracy by checking each product off invoice or delivery manifest or through the proper and consistent use of Driver Hand Held (if available)
- Contribute to work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company policies and manuals and as set forth in our business practices.
- Complete all required documents pertaining to delivery, pick up, food safety and
- Work with Credit Department on problems pertaining to all customer deliveries.
- Must be personable in working with customers relating to delivery or pickup problems.
- Advise Router or transportation supervisor of changes in routes to help achieve most profitable routes, i.e., stop sequence, special instructions, new or dropped accounts.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail while constantly aware of the work surroundings.
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment in completing all route stops.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate with transportation supervisor(s) and router(s) to make necessary back-haul pickups.
- Remain flexible to restructure schedule as needed.
- Check each product off invoice or delivery manifest or scan all cases using hand held scanner (if available).
- Safely load and unload delivery goods.
- Comply with all OSHA safety requirements.
- Must be hard working and self-motivated.
- Safely operate vehicle to and from destinations, adhering to all traffic laws.
- Must pass all pre-employment screenings.
- Frequent standing/walking during delivery activities, up to 2 miles daily.
- Frequent sitting throughout work shift up to 30 minutes at one time.
- Frequent lifting using both hands/arms, typical weights 10-60 lbs., occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Frequent carrying of 10-75 lbs., occasionally up to 100 lbs., 3-4 feet from pallet to hand truck to off load area.
- Frequent push/pulling using both hands/arms, approximately 30-100 lbs. exertion, depending on weight of load on hand truck and whether climbing stairs.
- Frequent bending/crouching/squatting at waist or knees during delivery.
- Frequent twisting waist/neck in normal range required while driving.
- Frequent climbing and balancing in and out of cab.
- Frequent use of feet in operation of foot pedals.
- Able to read/write and record data.
- Able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Able to work independently and exercise independent judgment in completing route.
- Constant awareness of work surroundings.
- Close attention to detail.
- In truck cab, trailer, or customer location 80% of the time.
- Exposure to outdoors during delivery 20% of the time.
- Hazards include: moving vehicles, equipment, slippery surfaces, noise, exhaust fumes and exposure to various weather conditions during delivery activities.
*Constantly over 80% time, Frequently 20-80% time and Occasionally under 20% of time.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status