Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Driver Trainee
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- May VAry
We are currently looking for Driver Trainees to join our expanding team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, Food Services of America treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career. Apply Now and Join Our Team!
Driver Trainee Program
This program is designed to bring in more Driver candidates. Once the Trainee has passed the 6-month probationary period, FSA will help with enrollment into the next available driving school of our choice.
***To apply, please visit www.fsafood.com.***
- Trainee will be hired at 70% of top wage scale (currently $17.44 per hour).
- When the probationary period of 6 months is passed, Trainee will be entered into a commercial driving school. FSA agrees to pay the entire fee for that school.
- During Trainee’s time in school, (s)he will work on Saturdays for a full shift and then 5 hours on 3 other nights. This should provide at least 25 hours per week of paid work. Trainee could work more to be eligible for insurance benefits.
- Upon graduating from the driving school, Trainee will receive a raise to 80% of top wage scale.
- Trainee will then be paired with a, experienced trainer for an additional two weeks to: train on route and be coached to successful driving habits.
- Trainee will remain at 80% of top wage scale for one year. Then, will go to 90% of top wage scale and remain there for an additional period of one year.
- After that time, Trainee will go to 100% of top wage scale. It will take approx. 3 years total, to reach the top wage scale of 100%. No associate will exceed 4 years to reach top wage scale.
- Should an Associate not be able to successfully pass the commercial driving school and get their Class A CDL, the Associate will be offered the opportunity to interview for a Warehouse position, if there is a current posted opening. FSA will not have permanent Driver Trainees.
- All benefits and pension will fall under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Upon hire, the Driver Trainees agree that once they have been enrolled in to a driving school, they will reimburse FSA the entire fee for the school if they leave employment before one year from the graduation date (from the CDL school) has been completed. They will reimburse FSA for half of the enrollment fee if they leave before the completion of two years from the graduation date.
- This program will be open to current Warehouse Associates after they have successfully completed their probationary period and are in good standing (if there is an opening in the program). At that point, they may apply and if accepted start their 6 months of training on deliveries. They would come over at their current wage of 80 percent of top wage scale. Once they have successfully reached the end of their 6 months as a Driver Trainee, they would be entered into the driving school with the full cost paid for by FSA. Associates would have the same work schedule as a Driver Trainee as listed above. Once successfully completing the school and getting their Class A CDL, they would receive two weeks of training on their route. The same repayment plan as a Driver Trainee would apply should they leave the company before completing 2 years of employment from the date of graduation.
Wage progression chart:
New Driver Trainee wage progression:
Month 1 - 6 months = 70% of top wage
Month 7 – 18 (1 year) = 80% of top wage
Month 19 – 29 = 90% of top wage
Current Associate Driver Trainee hired/transferred from the Warehouse (limit of 2 per year):
Current Associates accepted in to the program would fall into the wage progression outlined above. No Warehouse Associate would take a reduction in pay to enter the program.
To allow for proper Warehouse staffing, no Warehouse Associates will be allowed to enter the program during the first 6 months. After that, this program may be offered to up to 2 Associates per year.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Class B preferred.
Ability to read/write/record data and perform simple mathematical calculations.
Ability to work independently.
Build and maintain trusted relationships with all customers by providing face-to-face service with each delivery.
Ability to read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to the job and safety regulations is required.
Ability to pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical abilities test is required.
- Frequent stand/walk during delivery activities.
- Frequent sitting throughout work shift.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs., occasionally up to 65 lbs., rarely up to 100 lbs., 3-4 feet from pallet to hand truck to off load area.
- Frequent push/pulling up to 175 lbs. and occasionally up to 200 lbs. using both hands/arms, to transport loaded hand truck up/down curbs and stairs.
- In truck cab, trailer, or customer location 80% of the time, exposure to outdoors during delivery 20% of the time.
- Hazards include: moving vehicles, equipment, slippery surfaces, noise, exhaust fumes and exposure to various weather conditions during delivery activities.
To learn more about our Company, please visit our website at www.fsafood.com.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status.