Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Router-Everett Facility
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- Monday-Friday 12:00 pm to 8:30 pm- Shift may change depending on routing coverage
When you join the family of Associates at FSA, you are joining a team which puts the emphasis on you – the employee – our most valuable resource. FSA is a great company to work for with full benefits and a supportive atmosphere that rewards initiative and integrity. That's why our Associates love it here!
The Delivery Router will support the Transportation Department with all routing needs, and assist the Transportation Manager and Supervisors with various tasks related to the Department.
We do drug test and background investigations.
- Utilize the routing system for building routes in Southeast Alaska.
- Communicate with Southeast Alaska delivery, sales to whenever needed.
- Utilize Roadnet Scheduling System to schedule customers minimizing delivery mileage and distribution costs.
- Coordinate customer’s requested delivery time “windows” with sales, drivers, and operations to meet the customers’ expectations and while meeting our delivery objectives.
- Utilize Roadnet to improve, create, and maintain the standard route structure in the most efficient manner possible. Debrief drivers one-on-one to improve reduction of route mileage, avoiding delays, and optimizing cases per route.
- Communicate with delivery, sales, warehouse, operations associates, and management as necessary.
- Ensure the timely transfer of data from routing sessions, to cubing, and process to the warehouse for the production of pick labels meeting scheduled workloads of warehouse personnel, while still maintaining routing efficiencies.
- Produce reports for the effective flow of communication, such as delivery manifests, driver itineraries, or any productivity reports, and ensure all information is correct on such reports.
- Ensure that every route has the appropriate driver and vehicle ( tractor and trailer) assigned to each and every route taking into account the driver’s weekly work schedule (5/8’s or 4/10’s) and any customer’s delivery specifications.
- Maintain the Standard Route integrity within Roadnet, by maintaining customer information within the site file, and by maintaining the standard route, with accurate and precise information.
- Review daily driver suggestions to improve the routing and ensure the proper sequence within the standard routes. Communicate back to the drivers for their input and suggestions, to develop a good working relationship with our drivers.
- Contact sales associates regarding adjustments to customer schedules, change of delivery days and needs, to meet time window constraints.
- Analysis reporting to optimize cases per route, improves cases per stop, reduction of mileage, and be able to react quickly to changes in our business to consolidate routes for efficiencies.
- Communicate with Sales Department on ways to reduce small orders, unspecified stops, late orders that affect the efficiencies of the operation, as well as work with sales to service our customer needs.
- Schedule and assign backhauls in Roadnet to improve HUB activities, inbound and outbound freight initiative to maximize utilization of manpower and equipment.
- Special assignments as needed, such as:
- Delivery Scenarios
- Holiday Schedules
- Temporary Bids
- Vacation Bid Changes
- Person Holiday Bid changes
- County and State Fairs
- Seasonal routes
- Food Shows
- Special events
- Other duties as assigned
- Equipment mileage reporting
- Associate payroll entry
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Post-Secondary education or training in transportation preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in routing or transportation preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook
- In-depth knowledge of the geographical areas
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with Roadnet routing and scheduling preferred
- Knowledge of DOT hours of service regulations preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend maps, including INTERNET mapping sites
- Other duties as assigned
- The shift is Monday-Friday, 12:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Shift may change depending on routing coverage.
- Frequent sitting for prolonged periods of time, using phone, planning schedules, recording data, etc...
- Constant use of both hands/arms while reaching/handling/grasping in performing desktop duties
- Occasional bend/twist at waist/knees to and from seated position
- Occasionally climb stairs (in some locations) to and from work area
- Occasionally stand/walk in warehouse and yard area while counting trucks
- Constant use of hearing/speech/sight abilities required to perform essential functions
- Constant mental alertness, must be detail-oriented and accurate with specifics
- Ability to work with all levels of associates and customers
- Ability to plan schedules and time efficiently, considering designations, deadlines, equipment needed, drivers available, order updates/changes, etc...
- Ability to organize/prioritize workload
- Must be flexible and have the ability to be an effective problem solver under pressure to time demands
- Mental stress demands associated within a high-production environment with heavy workload and constant deadlines to meet.
- Indoors, climate controlled, no specific hazards noted
- Distribution Office environment
*Constantly over 80% time, Frequently 20-80% time, and Occasionally under 20% time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.