Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Handling Equipment Mechanic
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
Food Services of America is looking for a MHE/Facilities Mechanic at our Everett, WA location.
When you join the family of Associates at FSA, you are joining a team which puts the emphasis on you ––an Associate ----our most valuable resource. FSA is an innovative company with full benefits and a supportive atmosphere that rewards initiative and integrity. That's why our Associates love it here!
- Repair and maintain warehouse equipment including material handling such as forklifts, order selector jacks., floor scrubber, dock plates, dock doors, racking, and other facility related equipment while following all safety policies.
- Maintain spare parts inventory and shop supply stock inventory. Keep record of parts used on work orders.
- Keep accurate records of repairs and preventive maintenance on all material handling equipment.
- Communicate, schedule and assist outside maintenance vendors when required.
- Work closely with operation unit management to maintain high level of safety.
- Daily communication with management on progress and needs of the department.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- 2 years of technical training or equivalent experience required.
- Basic math and computer skills required.
- 2 - 5 years of "on the job" experience in a material handling equipment service company or forklift shop with similar equipment required.
- Dealership and/or manufacturing school helpful.
- Electrical and electronic knowledge helpful.
- You will use hand tools, battery charger, power tools, overhead hoist, jacks, etc.
- Working Conditions:
- Close contact with moving equipment around chargers, chemicals, lifting, pushing, pulling of up to 50 lbs.
- Mentally demanding due to equipment failures and needs of having all equipment in working order.
- On your feet, 80% of time, working both in the battery room and out on the warehouse floor.
- Must furnish own hand tools
- Must be able to work overtime when needed.