OBJECTIVE SUMMARY: Responsible for performing setup, stocking, clerical, cashier, and money-management tasks in the Branches Gifts in Bloom retail store.
- Performs cashier function of change-making, accurate ring-up of sale, and making corrections to monetary errors to customers
- Completes all cash reports in an accurate and timely manner after each meal period
- Compiles with department’s cash register and pricing methodology, with minimum overages and/or shortages
- Communicates all customer concerns to supervisor and/or DFNS
- Reads and understands the cashier agreement (place in file)
- Maintains cash registers in working order by notifying DFNS of needed repairs
- Inventories and maintains necessary supplies to ensure efficiency of retail operation
- Maintains cashier station and dining room in a clean and orderly condition at all times, including table tops, condiment station(s) and other assigned areas
- Wears name tag identification
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s HIPAA policies and procedures
- Compiles with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment
- Follows HACCP guidelines when assembling and distributing food supplies to ensure quality and safety of food supply
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines
- Identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets
- Utilizes equipment in performing job functions according to department’s safety procedures
- Follows facility, department, SVH safety policies and procedures to include incident reporting
- Follows facility and departmental infection control policies and procedures
- Follows the facility’s protocols for Hazardous Materials and Waste Program
- Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in disaster drills as appropriate
- Adheres To Life Safety Program and participates in fire drills as appropriate
- Responds to utility failures following department guidelines
- Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff development programs as appropriate
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients, and visitors
- Reads and compiles with all policies and procedures of SVH as appropriate
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.