Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Population Health
at Sound Physicians
The VP Pop Health (VPPH) works in partnership with the Regional Population Health Medical Director (PHMD) and reports directly to Regional Presidents with matrixed accountability to the President, Population Health. This position is responsible for 1) General success and performance in achieving Population Health operational and financial objectives for all at-risk patient populations. This includes (but is not limited to) Medicare (BPCIA), Medicare Advantage, ACOs, and health plans. 2) Overseeing post acute management of third party services providers in an effort to reduce SNF LOS and readmissions. 3) Partner with Regional Operations team to support relationship management efforts and business development efforts.
The VPPH will oversee (directly or indirectly) market managers and market coordinators where structure supports. He/She will participate in key national leadership meetings to collaborate cross-Regionally and bring insights to local market areas as well as partner with the PHMD to be the Regional leaders for Population Heath - communicating and holding teams accountable to progress against program objectives and goals. The VPPH must have demonstrated success effectively executing on operational programs, building and maintaining trusted relationships and leading through influence in a highly matrixed environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (May include all or some of the below):
Achieving operational and financial objectives for all at-risk patient populations:
- Support leadership team (RPs, CMOs & DCPN) in developing and executing on the Regional Population Health strategic plan across operations and financial performance while leveraging established Regional management processes.
- Analyze data and reports for operational and financial insights, trends and BDPs; understand claims reports and support field team in disseminating and communicating relevant insights for sites, divisions and the Region overall. Leverage claims reports to understand performance at the DRG level and which sites excel or struggle with DRG specific performance. Facilitate cross team collaboration and learning.
- Collaborate with Regional team to support execution of key levers at all sites; partner with PHMD to facilitate site-specific optimization of plans, helping to remove barriers and complexities. Partner on Regional turnaround programs to drive execution of performance improvement plans.
- Partner with central team to operationalize and support innovative pilot efforts and/or partnership with new strategic partners. Help facilitate success locally by partnering centrally on key IT and analytics interfaces.
Oversee post acute management
- Manage key vendor relationships related to transitional care and bundled payments. Facilitate and ensure seamless interface between our teams, our partners and vendors (ie PAN Representatives or others) where collaboration is critical for programmatic success
- Partner with PHMD and service partners on identification and implementation of High Quality Networks (HQNs); work with HQNs to instill accountability to expected goals through management processes and communication on performance to goals.
- Create management processes to drive accountability on key metrics (SNF LOS, readmissions reduction and HQN utilization)
- Support the roll out and adoption of SNF Telemedicine services to reduce readmissions
Relationship management and business development:
- Partner with Regional leadership team to identify key influencers at high stakes sites/systems and become a trusted relationship partner with them on value based care. Understand competitive landscape and potential competitive threats that could negatively impact current relationships.
- Provide ongoing communication on site/system performance and support expansion efforts into new patient populations.
- Partner with business development and sales teams as an SME to support growth opportunities both at new sites/systems as well as with payers.
- Support knowledge dissemination to the operational lane to help them become proficient in the business
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, TRAINING, OR SPECIAL LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED TO PERFORM YOUR JOB:
- Ability to work effectively with Sound’s business colleagues, as well as with various types of clinicians, including physicians, nurses, and nurse practitioners in the field
- Ability to work effectively remotely
- Demonstrated success leading through influence and working in a matrixed environment
- Proactive, self-motivated and takes initiative; thinks two steps ahead and can effectively think through implications of key decisions
- Strategic thinker willing to solve complex problems
- Must be able to perform at a high level in a professional environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to leadership
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple priorities and projects
- Strong analytical skills; ability to understand P&L
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, healthcare administration or similar field
Preferred: MBA, MHA
Minimum: 5 years of consulting, operations and/or broad scale implementation experience
Preferred: 5 years’ of consulting, operations and/or broad scale implementation experience
SPECIAL JOB OR ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Flight Travel: Willingness to travel up to 50%
This job description reflects the present requirements of the position. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to amendment.