SPOKANE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cashier 2 - PT/Hourly - Cashier's Office - DIST
at SPOKANE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Community Colleges of Spokane is accepting applications to develop an applicant pool of qualified candidates for future part-time, non-permanent positions as Auxiliary Services Cashier 2 located in the Cashier's Offices at the campuses of SCC and SFCC.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process students' registrations, tuition and fee payments using a computerized cashiering system.
- Post payments to general ledger accounts and student account records.
- Reconcile daily transactions posted to computer system to the actual cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Identify and correct discrepancies.
- Maintain student account records, enter changes and issue periodic accounting reports.
- Disburse student loans and process financial aid transactions as directed by the financial aid office.
- Sell and distribute campus parking permits, catalogs, and bus passes.
- Distribute payroll checks, financial aid checks, travel documents and advances.
- Reconcile monthly sales transactions of bus passes, parking permits, welding cards, and other inventory items on hand.
- Perform related duties as required.
- COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (Minimum Qualifications)
- Fiscally related work such as bank teller or retail salesclerk.
- Must have experience/training in the use of computers.
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals and objectives of CCS.
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, community and technical college system.
- A demonstrated understanding and value for the contributions that a diverse workforce can make to the success of the organization and the students we serve.
- CONDITIONS/TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Frequent repetitive hand and wrist motions, including reaching. Frequently lift up to 25 pounds. Frequent use of computer and exposure to terminal screens in performing work assignments. Frequent need for oral and auditory communications. Occasionally kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl.HOURS OF WORK
Work schedule determined by the supervisor. May require weekend and occasional evenings. Position is eligible for paid sick leave benefit with an accrual rate of one hour for every 40 hours worked. Part time hourly jobs are not intended to exceed 1050 hours of work within any 12 month period from the original date of hire. If a part time job exceeds 1050 hours an employee has a right per WAC 357-19-450 to petition for remedial action within thirty days of exceeding the 1050 limit. For part time hourly jobs that exceed 350 hours within any 12 month period employees will be included in the WFSE bargaining unit.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position is an at-will employment position where the employer can terminate employment at any time for any reason (other than illegal reasons) and the employee can resign his or her employment at any time, for any reason.
Persons hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of U.S. Citizenship or lawful authorization to work in the United States. This is an absolute condition of employment. In addition, the Community Colleges of Spokane maintains a drug-free work environment and prohibits all smoking in the college buildings and state-owned vehicles. Must be able to successfully work in and promote a multicultural work and education environment. Requires criminal background check. If using personal vehicle for travel, proof of driver's license and car insurance required. Due to the amount of applications received, applications are kept on file for only four months. This position will be designated a bargaining unit position after a part time employee works 350 hours or more in any consecutive twelve month period.
- REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required competencies and submit a complete application packet, which includes the following:
- CCS online application including supplemental questions.
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications as applied to the responsibilities of this position. *
- Comprehensive resume *
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references*
- College transcript(s) if applicable - unofficial/copies of transcripts are acceptable for initial application, official copies must be submitted upon acceptance of job offer
NOTE: All of the above are required to ensure your consideration for this position. The item(s) marked with an asterisk are required to be included as an attachment to your application prior to submission.
Community Colleges of Spokane does not discriminate in its programs, activities and employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, parental status or families with children, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, AIDS/HIV or hepatitis C, honorably discharged veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, use of trained guide dog or service animal by a person with disability, genetic information or any other legally protected category. Please direct all inquiries regarding compliance with access, equal opportunity and/or grievances to the Chief Administration Officer, Community Colleges of Spokane, 501 N. Riverpoint Blvd., PO Box 6000, MS 1004, Spokane WA 99217-6000 or call 509-434-5037; WA Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) 1-800-833-6384 or 7-1-1.