SPOKANE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Care Aide 2 - PT/Hourly - DIST
at SPOKANE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Community Colleges of Spokane is accepting applications to develop an applicant pool of qualified candidates for part-time, non-permanent Child Care Aide II for Head Start/Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program/Early Head Start (HS/ECEAP/EHS) sites.Under the direction of the full-time Early Childhood Program Specialist 2 or Early Childhood Program Specialist 3, the part-time Child Care Aide 2 assists with the implementation of the educational curriculum that meets Head Start Performance Standards and the daily operation of preschool or infant/toddler classroom in the HS/ECEAP/EHS program. May guide children for specified periods in the absence of full-time education staff. The Child Care Aide 2 is supervised by the HS/ECEAP/EHS Center Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The development (as situation requires) and implementation of the classroom curriculum; implementation and tracking of individual child goals and learning opportunities, inclusive of children with disabilities; and incorporation of cultural awareness and diversity.
- Maintain required records, meal count, attendance, minor incident/accident reports, medical emergency reports, college student and volunteer activity reports.
- Support a safe, positive social and emotional classroom learning environment including attachment and bonding relationships.
- Recruit and encourage parent participation in the program; maintain a positive working relationship with parents and volunteers.
- Maintain agency confidentiality regarding child and parent information.
- May assist with home visits and conferences.
- Participate as a classroom team member.
- Assist with storage and maintenance of education equipment, supplies and materials.
- May direct the work of part-time Child Care Aide 1 and volunteers in the absence of the full-time education staff (excluding CAPE classrooms).
- Other duties as assigned.
- COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (Minimum Qualifications)
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES (Desirable Qualifications)
- Manage time and multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Work as a team member.
- Possess tactful and diplomatic interpersonal relationship skills.
- Able to write and speak effectively in English.
- Able to understand and complete work assignments and meet program deadlines.
- Able to complete required reports accurately (timesheets, attendance, meal counts, etc.).
- Able to maintain professional and ethical boundaries with families, staff, and volunteers.
- Maintain agency confidentiality regarding child and parent information.
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals and objectives of CCS.
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, community and technical college system.
- A demonstrated understanding and value for the contributions that a diverse workforce can make to the success of the organization and the students we serve.
- Previous experience with early childhood education.
- Previous experience with Head Start, ECEAP, Early Head Start or a low-income population.
- STARS 20-hour basic training.
- CONDITIONS/TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to lift and maneuver small children who may weigh 50 pounds or more. Lifting requires the ability to lift children six-weeks through 5 years of age on an ongoing basis. Diaper changing and assisting in toilet training is required. Physical dexterity to work with small children; i.e., stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, grasping, standing, lifting, climbing, walking, running quickly. Work will be performed in both inside and outside environments.
HOURS OF WORK
Work schedule will be determined by the supervisor. The majority of the Child Care Aide 2 positions are during the day; however, we occasionally have a need for Aides for our evening program which may include working with children ages 6 weeks through 12 years of age. At the time of the interview you will be advised if the position available is for the evening program. The evening staff are supervised by the Evening Child Care Supervisor. Position is eligible for paid sick leave benefit with an accrual rate of one hour for every 40 hours worked. Part time hourly jobs are not intended to exceed 1050 hours of work within any 12 month period from the original date of hire. If a part time job exceeds 1050 hours an employee has a right per WAC 357-19-450 to petition for remedial action within thirty days of exceeding the 1050 limit. For part time hourly jobs that exceed 350 hours within any 12 month period employees will be included in the WFSE bargaining unit.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Persons hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of U.S. Citizenship or lawful authorization to work in the United States. This is an absolute condition of employment. In addition, the Community Colleges of Spokane maintains a drug-free work environment and prohibits all smoking in the college buildings and state-owned vehicles. Must be able to successfully work in and promote a multicultural work and education environment. This position requires a post offer/pre-employment medical examination including Tuberculin skin test; complete and pass a Washington State Patrol and Department of Social and Health Services criminal history background check upon employment; and attend CCS Bloodborne Pathogen/HIV/Aids training within 30 days of employment. If using personal vehicle for travel, proof of driver's license and car insurance required. Due to the amount of applications received, applications are kept on file for only four months. This position will be designated a bargaining unit position after a part time employee works 350 hours or more in any consecutive twelve month period.
- REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required competencies and submit a complete application packet, which includes the following:
- CCS online application including supplemental questions.
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications as applied to the responsibilities of this position. *
- Comprehensive resume *
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references*
- College transcript(s) if applicable - unofficial/copies of transcripts are acceptable for initial application, official copies must be submitted upon acceptance of job offer
NOTE: All of the above are required to ensure your consideration for this position. The item(s) marked with an asterisk are required to be included as an attachment to your application prior to submission.
Community Colleges of Spokane does not discriminate in its programs, activities and employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, parental status or families with children, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, AIDS/HIV or hepatitis C, honorably discharged veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, use of trained guide dog or service animal by a person with disability, genetic information or any other legally protected category. Please direct all inquiries regarding compliance with access, equal opportunity and/or grievances to the Chief Administration Officer, Community Colleges of Spokane, 501 N. Riverpoint Blvd., PO Box 6000, MS 1004, Spokane WA 99217-6000 or call 509-434-5037; WA Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) 1-800-833-6384 or 7-1-1.