SPOKANE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Services Coordinator - PT/Hourly - DIST
at SPOKANE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Community Colleges of Spokane is accepting applications to develop an applicant pool of qualified candidates for part-time, non-permanent Family Services Coordinator for Head Start/Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program/Early Head Start (HS/ECEAP/EHS) sites.The Family Services Coordinator under the general direction of the Center Manager performs work that assures the delivery of health and social services to enrolled children and their families. Act as a team member with staff, parents, and Center Manager to provide integrated services to children and families. Maintain individual child and family records and statistics of service provision for an assigned caseload and compiles data for program reports.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit Head Start, ECEAP and Early Head Start children and their families; register eligible children; orient families to program services.
- Manage children's attendance; and maintain full enrollment.
- Develop an ongoing Family Strengths and Partnership Agreement (FSPA) for each family; work with a direct service team and other community agencies to provide a support system for families; provide and follow-up on social service resources and referrals; develop individualized transition plans with Direct Services Team for families.
- Conduct home visits; co-facilitate case management with assigned direct service team; and communicate with parents on a regular basis.
- Assess individual/group education needs and interest of parents; involve parents in program leadership and governance.
- Communicate with families regarding health status of their child; compile, analyze, and act upon health information; conduct health screens for vision, hearing, height, and weight; assist families in obtaining physical exams, dental exams, hematocrits, and immunizations.
- Provide and follow-up on health education, resources and referrals for child and families. Review and follow-up on child's health and diet history to include food allergies.
- Consult with program's Registered Dietician, staff and parents regarding nutritional concerns.
- Provide and follow-up on nutrition education, resources and referrals; determine eligibility for USDA reimbursement.
- Work with direct service teams to provide and follow-up on mental health education, resources, referrals, and assure that children are referred for special services.
- Maintain required documentation for individual child files and electronic database; maintain ongoing documentation of communication with families, referrals and follow-up to referrals; and maintain records of volunteer activity.
- Request and purchase supplies.
- Support teachers in classroom daily operations when needed.
- Attend agency training as required by supervisor and program.
- COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (Minimum Qualifications)
- Work as a team member
- Manage time and multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Understand and complete work assignments and meet program deadlines
- Complete require reports accurately and timely
- Maintain confidentiality
- Computer skills
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals and objectives of CCS.
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, community and technical college system.
- A demonstrated understanding and value for the contributions that a diverse workforce can make to the success of the organization and the students we serve.
- CONDITIONS/TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Frequent repetitive hand and wrist motions. Use of the computer and exposure to terminal screen in performing work assignments. Frequent need for oral and auditory communication. Must have the physical ability and dexterity to work with small children, i.e., stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, grasping, standing, lifting, and the ability to walk or run quickly. Occasional lifting of children may include up to 50 lbs.HOURS OF WORK
Work schedule will be determined by the supervisor. The majority of the Family Services Coordinator positions are during the day. Position is eligible for paid sick leave benefit with an accrual rate of one hour for every 40 hours worked. Part time hourly jobs are not intended to exceed 1050 hours of work within any 12 month period from the original date of hire. If a part time job exceeds 1050 hours an employee has a right per WAC 357-19-450 to petition for remedial action within thirty days of exceeding the 1050 limit.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Persons hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of U.S. Citizenship or lawful authorization to work in the United States. This is an absolute condition of employment. In addition, the Community Colleges of Spokane maintains a drug-free work environment and prohibits all smoking in the college buildings and state-owned vehicles. Must be able to successfully work in and promote a multicultural work and education environment. This position requires a post offer/pre-employment medical examination including Tuberculin skin test; complete and pass a Washington State Patrol and Department of Social and Health Services criminal history background check upon employment; and attend CCS Bloodborne Pathogen/HIV/Aids training within 30 days of employment. If using personal vehicle for travel, proof of driver's license and car insurance required. Due to the amount of applications received, applications are kept on file for only four months. . This position will be designated a bargaining unit position after a part time employee works 350 hours or more in any consecutive twelve month period.
- REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required competencies and submit a complete application packet, which includes the following:
- CCS online application including supplemental questions.
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications as applied to the responsibilities of this position. *
- Comprehensive resume *
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references*
- College transcript(s) if applicable - unofficial/copies of transcripts are acceptable for initial application, official copies must be submitted upon acceptance of job offer
NOTE: All of the above are required to ensure your consideration for this position. The item(s) marked with an asterisk are required to be included as an attachment to your application prior to submission.
Community Colleges of Spokane does not discriminate in its programs, activities and employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, parental status or families with children, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, AIDS/HIV or hepatitis C, honorably discharged veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, use of trained guide dog or service animal by a person with disability, genetic information or any other legally protected category. Please direct all inquiries regarding compliance with access, equal opportunity and/or grievances to the Chief Administration Officer, Community Colleges of Spokane, 501 N. Riverpoint Blvd., PO Box 6000, MS 1004, Spokane WA 99217-6000 or call 509-434-5037; WA Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) 1-800-833-6384 or 7-1-1.