SPOKANE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Worker - PT/Hourly - DIST
at SPOKANE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Community Colleges of Spokane is accepting applications to develop an applicant pool of qualified candidates for a part-time, non-permanent Food Service Worker. This announcement is to develop an applicant pool of qualified candidates for future part-time; non-permanent Food Service positions located at various District Head Start/ Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program/Early Head Start (HS/ECEAP/EHS) sites.Food Service Workers are responsible for assisting the cook in performing a variety of duties in the preparation and serving of food and in maintaining sanitary conditions in a Head Start/Early Head Start kitchen.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in cooking and preparing foods according to the menu under the direction of the cook.
- Prepare classroom carts; serve meals and snacks.
- Assure that meals and snacks are served according to schedule.
- Operate cooking and kitchen equipment; clean kitchen and equipment; maintain safety and sanitation in the kitchen and classroom.
- Maintain daily refrigeration temperature logs and other temperature logs as necessary and assist with inventory of supplies and goods for assigned meals.
- May attend program meetings with staff and/or parents as work schedule permits.
- COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (Minimum Qualifications)
- Possess or obtain (within one week of employment) a current Spokane County Food Handler Permit.
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals and objectives of CCS.
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, community and technical college system.
- A demonstrated understanding and value for the contributions that a diverse workforce can make to the success of the organization and the students we serve.
- CONDITIONS/TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Frequent hand and wrist movement; standing; bending; reaching. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds frequently and/or daily moving or lifting up to 10 pounds. Ability to stand for sustained periods of time.HOURS OF WORK
Work schedule will be determined by the supervisor. Position is eligible for paid sick leave benefit with an accrual rate of one hour for every 40 hours worked. Part time hourly jobs are not intended to exceed 1050 hours of work within any 12 month period from the original date of hire. If a part time job exceeds 1050 hours an employee has a right per WAC 357-19-450 to petition for remedial action within thirty days of exceeding the 1050 limit.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Persons hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of U.S. Citizenship or lawful authorization to work in the United States. This is an absolute condition of employment. In addition, the Community Colleges of Spokane maintains a drug-free work environment and prohibits all smoking in the college buildings and state-owned vehicles. Must be able to successfully work in and promote a multicultural work and education environment. This position requires: 1) a valid license to drive in the state of Washington; 2) obtain bloodborne pathogens and HIV/AIDS training (available through CCS); 3) pre-employment/post-offer medical exam and tuberculin skin test; 4) Food Handler's Permit (within one week of employment); and 5) pass a criminal history/child abuse background check. If using personal vehicle for travel, proof of driver's license and car insurance required. Due to the amount of applications received, applications are kept on file for only four months. This position will be designated a bargaining unit position after a part time employee works 350 hours or more in any consecutive twelve month period.
- REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required competencies and submit a complete application packet, which includes the following:
- CCS online application including supplemental questions.
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications as applied to the responsibilities of this position. *
- Comprehensive resume *
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references*
- College transcript(s) if applicable - unofficial/copies of transcripts are acceptable for initial application, official copies must be submitted upon acceptance of job offer
NOTE: All of the above are required to ensure your consideration for this position. The item(s) marked with an asterisk are required to be included as an attachment to your application prior to submission.
Community Colleges of Spokane does not discriminate in its programs, activities and employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, parental status or families with children, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, AIDS/HIV or hepatitis C, honorably discharged veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, use of trained guide dog or service animal by a person with disability, genetic information or any other legally protected category. Please direct all inquiries regarding compliance with access, equal opportunity and/or grievances to the Chief Administration Officer, Community Colleges of Spokane, 501 N. Riverpoint Blvd., PO Box 6000, MS 1004, Spokane WA 99217-6000 or call 509-434-5037; WA Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) 1-800-833-6384 or 7-1-1.