Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Symetra Financial
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
Symetra is actively looking for a Claims Examiner to support our claims team! Responsibilities include:
- Provide claims assistance as directed including sole responsibility for researching, recording, and reporting findings from the Death Master File monthly runs across both life and retirement divisions.
- Maintains individual life waiver of premium, individual disability income and various accelerated benefits reports and databases including monthly reviews and administration.
- Prepares communication for initial death claims and follow-ups claims communications.
- Provides claims assistance by communicating with our customers both via written letters and verbal communication. Acts as accuracy check for keying of ACH payments to customers and maintains both ingoing and outgoing communication coordination.
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 1 year of customer service experience
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills