Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager
at Symetra Financial
The Operational Risk Manager would be responsible for championing efforts to mitigate both operational and regulatory risk within the Individual Life and Retirement Divisions. The Risk Manager would responsible for risk identification and in consultation with others as appropriate, ongoing review of key processes, and assessment of activities and the related controls that have material risk.
- Operational Reviews: Planning and performing ad hoc and routine complex "audits" that include all units within service and operations (i.e., new business, operations, quality assurance etc.), as well as other supporting units within the Individual Life and Retirement Divisions, such as the content and forms management teams.
- Key player for risk-related initiatives: ICFR reviews, Separation of Duties oversight, automated control development (work includes the design, implementation and monitoring of preventative and detective internal controls), and participation in other key operational initiatives that have a risk component.
- Lead efforts to integrate risk assessment further into operational decision-making, partnering with other departments as appropriate, such as Compliance and Audit. Specific work may include defining risk categories to be integrated into prioritization discussions via integration of risk into related Cost-Benefit Analysis discussions.
- Development of "Risk Mapping" as a tool to drive related prioritization discussions. Inputs potentially to include regulatory findings, and remediation efforts, self-reviews, industry intelligence, etc.
- Partner with key individuals within the organization to reduce risk exposure, and remediate open issues in a structured manner.
Education Required: 4 year college degree
Minimum Years of Related Work Experience Required:
- 3-5 years in the financial services industry; preference in Operations and Compliance
- Experience with Enterprise Risk Management or risk-based auditing
Specific Industry and/or Specialty Experience Required:
- Basic understanding of audit processes Familiarity with securities regulations
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Self-starter a requirement. Microsoft Word, Excel, Share Point, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to quickly grasp business needs and objectives.
- Excellent written communication skills. This position will be required to draft clear and detailed communications for senior management
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment.
- Ability to manage time and work independently to complete tasks.
- Strong organizational skills
Learn more at www.symetra.com/careers.