Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Ministry Staff
- Location : Location
- US-WA-East Side Greater Seattle
- David Banks
The Area Director is responsible for growing FCA by praying and staffing the area through ministry, talent, board and donor advancement. The Area Director works with staff and volunteers to fund and steward the finances of the ministry.
The Area Director, in collaboration with the Field Vice President, local staff and Board(s), will fulfill the FCA vision and pursue the FCA mission by creating and sustaining the vision-based staffing plan for assigned geographical area. As the primary spiritual leader for the ministry, the Area Director models the FCA values in all relationships by demonstrating a steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and His Word through Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence. The Area Director is accountable for ensuring that the FCA Ministry is conducted according to biblical standards and adhering to FCA policies and procedures.
Ensure FCA is engaging, equipping and empowering coaches and athletes by ministering to and through the coach with huddles, one-On-ones and events.
Oversee recruiting, hiring, training and developing effective and diverse staff aligned with FCA’s ministry strategy and methods for area.
Recruit: Actively recruit and attract highly qualified staff prospects to specific vocational ministry opportunities identified in the vision-based staffing plans.
Hire: Select candidates to fulfill specific roles and responsibilities based upon their calling, character, competence, commitment and chemistry.
Train: Provide knowledge and resources necessary to develop culture and increase capacity and competence to effectively execute their responsibilities and fulfill their potential.
Develop: Prepare staff to lead self, lead others, lead teams and lead organizationally in their current roles, growing personally and professionally and becoming prepared for future opportunities.
Ensure the recruiting, training, and developing of volunteers in roles strategically aligned to increase the capacity of the FCA ministry.
BOARD AND DONOR ADVANCEMENT
Recruit, train and develop effective and diverse leadership board chairs and board members who are committed to pray, serve, and give to the ministry.
Connect, communicate and care for board members and donors who are serving and giving to the geographical area in various capacities including locally, regionally and organizationally.
Serve as the chief fund raiser and financial manager.
Establish and execute an annual budget and funding plan by training and developing staff in growing Home Teams, major donors and events.
Coordinate with the Regional International Coordinator to connect the area with the aligned Global Region and to serve through praying, giving and going.
FCA employees shall be expected to model FCA’s Christian beliefs for the larger community, perform all of their duties as a service to God, and comply with the following obligations:
- Beliefs: Each FCA employee shall affirm his or her agreement with FCA’s Statement of Faith and shall not subscribe to or promote any religious beliefs inconsistent with these beliefs.
- Christian Conduct Standards: FCA employees shall at all times (both during working and non-working hours) endeavor to conduct themselves in a manner that affirms biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA’s Christian beliefs. Such conduct standards include FCA’s Youth Protection Policy and Sexual Purity Statement.
- Distinctly Christian Activities: FCA employees shall be ready, willing, and able to lead or contribute to distinctly Christian activities such as lead worship, bible study and conduct prayer services.
- Ministerial Duties: FCA employees shall daily spend time in prayer and in the Word, share Christ through word and life, and seek the Lord’s will for the ministry of FCA. FCA staff will worship and seek weekly involvement in a local church, be a religious leader and in some cases serve under the authority and assignment of the local church.
This position is at-will employment, meaning that either the employee or FCA can discontinue employment at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause. Also, FCA can modify this Position Description at any time. The Position Description does not create a contract (express or implied) or enforceable promise or representation.