The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: NORTHWEST DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assists in the coordination efforts in investigations and intelligence gathering operations pertaining particularly to gangs and security threat groups. Assists in providing intelligence information to the contracting agency and facility management as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in collecting intelligence and information regarding activities of suspected security threat groups at the facility. Provides input into the facility response to the security threat of group activities.
- Identifies and tracks suspected and actual gang or security threat group activities at the facility. Records and furnishes information as required by the contracting agency regarding special threat group activities.
- Monitors the recording of detainee telephone calls in accord with contracting agency policies and procedures.
- May assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and regulations for custody, security and/or treatment of detainees as they pertain to investigations, gang activities and telephone call monitoring.
- May participate in contracting agency gang identification and tracking programs.
- Responds to major institution unusual occurrences as trained.
- Prepares various records and reports as required.
- Performs other investigations and related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Three (3) years experience working in the security function in a correctional setting required. Work experience in gang activities and investigations in a correctional facility is preferred.
- Certification as a correctional officer may be required based on the state or federal requirements.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
- Must possess a working knowledge of correctional program objectives, applicable court orders and laws and have a general understanding of the requirements for managing a secure correctional facility.
- Demonstration of the abilities needed to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions is required. Must have the ability to make and implement decisions without assistance.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates as well as staff.
- Ability to use personal computers and associated software applications.