The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: NORTHWEST DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, performs janitorial cleaning and maintaining of facilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for proper facility cleaning in compliance to health and safety standards.
- Conducts daily inspections of the facility and grounds for safety, sanitation and cleanliness.
- May assist in stocking and picking up of supplies.
- Conducts weekly inventory of supplies and equipment needed to maintain sanitation. Receives and stores all supplies, ensuring appropriate housekeeping standards are met.
- Ensures that all chemicals and hazardous materials used in the facility are properly controlled, issued and accounted for in accordance with all safety and national standards.
- Maintains a safe working environment and continually attends training in safety awareness.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
- May be expected to make basic minor repairs.
- May need to maintain facility grounds, including lawns, trees, shrubs and plantings.
- May need to remove dirt, rubbish, leaves and all other refuse from facility grounds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Experience in the use of industrial machinery and knowledge of common janitorial practices and procedures used preferred.
- Must be in good physical condition.