Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clerk's Judicial Proceedings Specialist
at Thurston County
- Summary of Duties
- The Thurston County Clerk's office is looking for a dynamic and reliable professional to join our department as a Judicial Proceedings Specialist. Pursuant to statutory requirements, this position serves at the direction of the County Clerk and is present at all judicial proceedings to create an accurate, permanent record of court decisions; coordinates jury trials, administers oaths, oversees exhibits, and prepares/processes orders of the court, and performs a variety of technical duties for court processes, including, but not limited the following:
For a comprehensive description of this classification, please click HERE.
- Interprets, summarizes and reports decisions of Judicial Officer maintaining accurate record of proceedings and trial court time. Monitors case disposition for compliance with court orders.
- Attends off-site, specialized judicial proceedings at a secure facility.
- Reviews petitions, applications, affidavits, oaths and court orders prior to issuance of writs, subpoenas, letters testamentary and arrest warrants verifying the accuracy and completeness of legal documents. Identifies inconsistency with statutes and provides technical information for compliance. May restrict access as ordered by the court or mandated by statute.
- Manages complex system for clerk's dismissals, exhibit tracking, administrative law review cases (receipt and return) and dismissal and remand of lower court appeals. Prepares dismissal calendar and pleadings, notifies all parties and responds to inquiries.
This employment opportunity will remain open until filled. The Thurston County Clerk's Office reserves the right to close the recruitment at any time. To ensure consideration for this position, please submit your application as soon as possible.
- Associate of Arts degree in paralegal studies or other related field.
- Four years of progressively responsible office experience in a legal or court environment. Additional experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
- Ability to type 55 wpm and utilize a personal computer and related software packages to perform word processing, analysis, information retrieval and tracking.
- Washington State Driver's License.
- Desired Skills
- Completion of an accredited legal assistant or paralegal program.
- Other Position Related Information
Questions about this Position?
The contact person for this recruitment is Tawni Sharp, 360.786.5743
This position is:
- Represented by a Union
- Eligible for benefits
- Eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Items required for consideration:
- Letter of Interest