Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Worker - Fabrication
- 13-Sep-2019 to 12-Dec-2019 (PST)
- Pasco, WA, USA
- Full Time
Are you looking for a new challenge with a company that allows you to make a difference in people's lives every day?
At Permobil's Manual Wheelchair Business Unit, we have a singular focus and goal: Make the best manual wheelchairs in the world. That is all we do. No distractions. Every frame is made to measure. The optimized fit of a TiLite chair brings unparalleled performance and function. We design and build the best fitting, best performing, and most beautiful wheelchairs on the planet, and we couldn't do it without the very best team. Permobil is in search of a Production Worker to join our team in Pasco, WA. Pasco is situated along the Columbia and Snake Rivers in the Tri-Cities area of Washington State (Pasco, Kennewick, Richland), and is one of the fastest growing young metropolitan areas in Washington. Residents enjoy the Tri-Cities' excellent school systems, non-existent traffic congestion, award-winning wineries and craft distilleries, sunny, warm weather (annual precipitation of less than 7 inches), and affordable cost of living. The diverse culture offers activities for avid outdoor enthusiasts as well as those who enjoy the city life activities such as fine dining, golfing and cultural events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fabricate and assemble parts according to instructions and training.
- Operate sand blaster to sand blast wheelchair frames.
- Safely and proficiently operate tools and equipment needed to fabricate and assemble parts.
- Follow direction, procedures, and instructions for all work assignments.
- Stand for 8 to 10+ hours.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and awareness of surroundings.
- Work as a team and maintain professionalism at all levels in the organization.
- Support all quality, safety, and environmental programs.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance; report to work on time.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Duties and responsibilities may change from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills Needed
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proficiency in the English language (written and oral).
- Ability to read and understand work instructions and basic drawings.
- Basic math skills.
- 1-2+ years experience in a manufacturing or production environment preferred.
Manufacturing plant; exposure to elements such as noise, dust, cold, heat, and/or odor. Overtime as assigned.
- Ability to stand for 8 to 10+ hours.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, kneel, reach, twist, squat, grasp, and work with tools above shoulder level.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment for extended periods.
Permobil is a drug-free workplace. Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Permobil is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are a participant of Everify, for all employment verifications. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, veteran or military status, or other protected status.
If you need accommodation in the application process, please contact Permobil Human Resources at 509.586.6117