Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sourcing Business Partner
- 15-May-2019 to 14-Nov-2019 (PST)
- Supply Chain
- Pasco, WA, USA
- Full Time
Permobil is a global leader in Advanced Rehab Technology and owned by Investor AB. We are present in more than 70 countries with 1 800 employees and have an annual turnover of more than SEK 4.0 billion. For 50 years, we have used technology and innovation to improve the daily lives of people with disabilities. This focus on innovation for the benefit of our users have enabled the company to grow consistently and profitably. We are looking to continue growing by entering new geographical markets and adding new technologies and products, to further support the community of people with disabilities.
Sourcing is responsible for delivering value over spend by optimising in which the way Permobil engages with its external suppliers, simplifying processes, managing the Permobil exposure to commercial risks and developing successful relationships.
As Sourcing Business Partner in Group Sourcing you will take business ownership and integrate with one of our three business units in Permobil group. You will be responsible for defining the commercial strategy and ensure execution of initiatives to drive cost reduction and transform value from the supplier markets in to business results.
YOUR ROLE DUTIES
Building informed and insightful partnerships, the role will draw on relationship management skills to positively engage with senior stakeholders across the group. Representing group sourcing in the US region, the role will work closely with category management, project sourcing to ensure sourcing is seen as a trusted business partner. The role requires empathy and confidence in all aspects of the sourcing agenda combining to effectively promote the department whilst supporting the strategic priorities of the business unit Manual.
The strategic sourcing team defines and presents commercial strategies based on the strategic plans of business units and the supplier market capabilities. The sourcing team drives supplier collaboration and is a key stakeholder in early involvement and execution of new product/technology development and concept studies as input to product road map planning.
The strategic sourcing team works with a fact-based approach and undertake spend and market analysis regularly to drive business results. This is done with support and guidance from the sourcing operating model applying best-practice processes, tools, and techniques.
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the business unit strategies and requirements and how sourcing opportunities can optimise the level of value that can be added to the business
- Providing senior stakeholders in the business unit with intelligent management information including spend analysis and supply market knowledge enabling informed decisions with regards to external supply requirements
- Act as the point of contact for decision and influence in the business unit for the category management strategies and project sourcing execution
- Supporting the Sourcing department's objectives to deliver financial savings and value proportions
- Working closely with category managers and project sourcing managers to ensure business unit input to Sourcing Plans
- Undertaking regional/local sourcing projects and tasks in conjunction with category managers
- Managing local supplier market
- Understanding the supplier market in Americas and developing local supplier relationships, feeding into category strategies
- Identify the need for local contract coverage to the category managers and championing the local implementation of American supplier contracts
- Working closely with supply chain management team to ensure alignment in global production footprint across the regions
YOUR PROFILE QUALIFICATIONS
As a Sourcing Business Partner you work independently with a business mindset, you are accountable and quality conscious with the capability to work closely with others to influence decisions. You have the ability to work proactively and have a willingness to push your assignments towards their objectives. We believe that you have high business ethics, that you are focused with the ability to develop relationships both internally and externally. We also need your analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to understand a high amount of data to derive messages for presenting alternatives and recommendations. Focus on cost saving targets contributing to profit to further enable growth is important. We believe you have strong communication and negotiation skills with a business mindset. We also think you have strong presentation skills for internal and external audiences since clarity of communication is crucial.
We expect you to have a business and/or a technical education.(bachelor) Furthermore, you have at least 5 years of experience working in a global strategic role within sourcing including negotiations with suppliers, writing and interpreting contracts and agreements in preferable the manufacturing sector, building strategic partnerships. Our environment is international and the vast a majority of the work is conducted with suppliers globally.
- Strategic thinking able to identify a vision along with the plans which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
- Maximising business effectiveness - provides the best value by sharing knowledge and resources across Permobil, looks for value for our users, sets strategic plans and manages them effectively, considers the business implications of decisions, avoids waste and challenges use of resources and processes.
- Managing performance - sets challenging team and individual objectives and trusts people to get on with them, shares clear expectations about required performance levels, rewards success and addresses performance issues quickly and fairly, treats team members and colleagues with honesty, respect and compassion.
- Using external thinking - builds bridges with useful organisations and innovative thinkers, keeps up to date with developments in the supplier markets, responds to the demands and opportunities of our commercial environment.
- Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Analytical Thinking able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Is able to understand commercial imperatives and trading relationships.
- Communication actively listens and adapts communication style to the audience being addressed
- Managing relationships - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people understanding their needs and goals. Shows sensitivity and tact. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Flexibility - is open to change and adapts and works effectively in a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue.
- Collaborating across boundaries - challenges systems, processes and people that block collaboration, connects people, ideas, processes and issues, sets an example by sharing knowledge ideas and skills across the organisation, builds helpful, productive relationships across the organisation.
Leading creativity - fosters imagination, creativity and experimentation, takes and promotes considered risks, celebrates creative successes and learns from failure, shows openness to alternative ways of doing things.