Uber Technologies, inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Legal Counsel, ANZ
at Uber Technologies, inc
- AU-NS-580 George St
- Legal - Legal
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role
We’ve disrupted the transportation and logistics world, and with that comes the need for top legal talent. We are currently searching for an Associate Legal Counsel to join the Legal Team and be responsible for supporting Uber’s business across Australia and New Zealand. This position is based in Sydney, Australia.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you’ll do
- Advise on, and contribute to project work to resolve a broad range of legal, commercial, and regulatory issues in ways that are practical, commercially-focussed and future thinking.
- This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle your own legal matters with short turnaround times. The role would primarily support the Australian business operations but would also work on regional projects.
- Draft and negotiate contracts and support the marketing team on campaign initiatives.
- Help create and support compliance, process improvement and training initiatives across the business.
- Manage responses to data requests and regulatory enquiries.
What you’ll need
- Enthusiasm for Uber. Grit and a wicked sense of humor.
- 3-5 years’ of post-admission experience, qualified to practice in Australia. In house exposure and experience working in a category which became regulated, or is heavily regulated such as fintech, transportation, e-commerce or technology is ideal.
- Proven track record with issues management, developing/implementing compliance systems and driving the business to a strategic outcome with acceptable risk tolerance.
- Analytical and legal technical skills and commercial judgment. Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organisational environments and self-starter qualities.
About the team
The ANZ Uber Legal Team supports the Uber and Uber Eats businesses across Australia and New Zealand by providing expert legal advice and management of complex commercial and regulatory issues. We are responsible for counseling, educating and partnering with a broad set of stakeholders. Being flexible is key when working with our various teams to understand the environments we operate in.