Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Care Coordinator - Field based in Kitsap County, WA
at UnitedHealth Group
Energizeyour career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream ofa great career with a great company where you can make an impact and helppeople. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with theincredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true.Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group isrestlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve ourService levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for theopportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
Thisopportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growingpart of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5leader.
Optum helpsnearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating themabout their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate thesystem, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Healthgoals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And wedo it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity,Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
- Create apositive experience and relationship with the member
- Keep themember out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primaryphysician
- Keep memberactively engaged with their primary physician
- Support themember to ensure pick - up of their Rx
- Proactivelyengage the member to manage their care
- Providemember education
- Supporttransitions of care
- Help to keepmembers compliant with their care plans
- Partner withcare team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledgeand continued learning of community cultures and values
- May conductmember assessments if needed
- Comprehensivecare management
- Transitionalplanning and follow - up
- Individualand family support
- Referral torelevant community and social support services
- The purposeof the Health Home program is to:
- Improvehealth and self - management of conditions
- Providetransition and personalized care to help
- Reduce theprogress of chronic disease
- Reduceinappropriate emergency department utilization, preventable hospital re -admissions
- Bachelor'sDegree or higher (in social work, psychology, social services, human services,or behavioral sciences) OR Associate Degree or higher with Medical AssistantCertified in the state of WA OR Indian Health Service (HIS) Certified CommunityHealth Representative (CHR) OR High School Diploma / GED and LPN license in thestate of WA
- Must residein Kitsap County, WA
- Must haveresided within the local community for 1 years
- Knowledge ofculture and values in the local community
- Familiaritywith the resources available within the community
- Access toreliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / orpatient sites within a designated area
- Ability tocreate, copy, edit, send, and save in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability totravel locally within the county up to 60% of the time
- Field Basedexperience
- Bilingualfluency in English and Spanish
- Experienceworking in Managed Care
- Knowledge ofWA Medicaid and Medicare populations
- Experiencein Counseling or Behavioral Health
- Casemanagement experience
- Experienceworking with members of all ages (children to geriatric)
Careers withOptum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giantobjective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes tohow we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, orguide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions,our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve.Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings togethersome of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has togo in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on highperformance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum,incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to doyour life's best work.SM
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal EmploymentOpportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, geneticinformation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealthGroup is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug testbefore beginning employment.
Keywords: managedcare, case management, social work, community