Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sheetmetal Mechanic 1-3
at VT Group
- Job ID
- Active Clearance
VT Group is a leading technology integrator with close to 50 years’ experience delivering technology and C4ISR solutions to solve the complex challenges faced by our government and commercial customers in the Defense and National Security markets.
VT Group is seeking Sheetmetal Mechanic 1-3 located in Bremerton, WA.
Lays out, shears, cuts, bends, fastens drills, grinds, fits and assembles fabricated parts onboard Surface Ships and submarines by performing the following duties.
- Must be familiarized with the WAF (Work Authorization Forms) for electrical and mechanical isolation of Shipboard Ventilation systems.
- Performs Layout inspections of HVAC rectangle, oval, and circular ducting of shipboard Ventilation systems.
- Assists welders with layout and installation of Shipboard HVAC, rectangle, oval, and circular vent coamings through decks, bulkheads, and beams.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes layout on metals, plastics, and laminates onboard ship.
- Measures, marks, and modifies existing and new Vent ducting and joins pieces together with rivets, bolts, flanges, and lap joints.
- Utilizes hand tools such as grinders, drills, rivet guns, calipers, scribes, bandsaws, and combination squares.
- Verifies conformance of fabricated layouts and items to the blueprint specification.
- Performs HVAC balancing and volumetric tests upon restoration of system.
- Removes and repairs disturbed areas of paint and insulation (Shipboard)
- Works with Electrical and Electronic team for hook up of valves, solenoids, and mechanical dampers.
- Removes and installs Vent Coils and various sizes of Fan Coil Units.
Education / Experience:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- High School Diploma or GED. Completion of Sheet-Metal apprenticeship training program.
- Shipyard Competent Person Certification
- Four (4) years of experience, to include: fabricating, installing and maintaining sheet metal equipment and fixtures; planning and laying out sheet metal work from blueprints, models or specifications; setting up and operating all types of sheet metal tools and machines. Specific experience: making air ducts, boxes, chassis, and lightweight frames, tack welding, light brazing, and metal soldering various metals and alloys used in sheet metal fabrication, constructing or adapting on site installations made from their own measurements and constructed specifically for the locations where the work is being accomplished. Experience using welding equipment, operating hand and power brakes, drill presses, shears, punches, other power and hand tools. Experience in the formation of custom sections of cable duct and cable trays.