Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety Specialist I
at Walsh Group
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Experienced - Full-Time
Walsh is currently seeking a Safety Specialist to join our team in Tacoma.
The Safety Specialist coordinates, implements and monitors all aspects of the corporate safety program at various project locations.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Periodically conducts comprehensive safety assessments. Recommends to project management corrective measures for unsafe conditions.
- Provides training and education to Company personnel regarding safety requirements and recommends advancements to materials.
- Assists project management in the coordination of the safety and health of subcontractor, vendor and owner personnel working on company project. Coordinates project safety programs with subcontractors. Assists in planning and coordinating work to minimize risks, and aggressively manage losses involving injuries or property damages.
- Conducts accident investigations and completes incident reporting for Project Management review.
- Establishes hospital and clinical care facilities for each project.
- Accompanies injured employees to treatment and medical evaluation. Ensures all safety protocols are followed.
- Advises Project Management on Industrial Hygiene protocols; performs Environmental Monitoring.
- Administers the Company’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, ensuring proper testing for Pre- Employment, Vehicle Authorization, Reasonable Suspicion, Post-Accident, Random, and Follow-Up.
- Facilitates orientation of all project employees to the safety practices required by the Company.
- Provides a weekly safety update to the Regional Safety Manager.
- Administers the corporate SPAT process on assigned projects.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- CHST (Construction Health & Safety Technician) Certification preferred
- Less than 3 years of experience in the construction safety field
- Some travel required.
- Required to stand, walk, sit and climb stairs or ladders
- OSHA 30 hour preferred
- First Aid, CPR AED preferred
- Leadership skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran