Wastren Advantage Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wastren Advantage Inc
- # of Openings
- Organic Chemistry
Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the area of expertise in the analytical laboratory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Function as the technical authority for assigned methods and procedures, including person-in-charge functions, and configuration control authority. Ensure compliance of the work area and assigned methods to policy and procedural requirements.
- Provide technical guidance within the subject matter area, providing assistance to less experienced scientists, chemical technologists, and other organizations within Analytical Chemistry and analytical services.
- Works with Analytical Operations Management / chemists/ chemical technologists and the Project Management Department to effectively coordinate analyses of customer samples, including monitoring of quality requirements, regulatory hold times, customer due dates and participating in inter-laboratory proficiency studies.
- Supports the Analytical Operations Management as a subject-matter expert for all waste steams generated within laboratories for which responsibility is assigned.
- Obtain competency to review analytical data for analyses within the assigned department. Act as back up for data review within the department to ensure that single points of failure are eliminated.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in both a professional office environment; in addition to performing functions in a Category III Nuclear facility. This role in the office routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Analytical laboratory equipment and radiological survey equipment will be utilized with the in the laboratory.
- Must be able to qualify as a radiological worker.
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during their “core” work hours. Overtime may be required as job demands.
This job operates in both a professional office environment; in addition to performing analytical chemistry functions in a Category III Nuclear facility.
Education & Certifications:
- BS in Chemistry or related science
Experience & Requirements:
- Experience working in an accredited laboratory environment
- Minimum of 5 year experience with SW-846 methods for semi-volatiles and PCBs
- Minimum of 3 year experience with SW-846 extraction, concentration and clean-up methods for semi-volatiles and PCBS
- Must be a US Citizen.
In an effort to stay abreast of latest technological advancements in the scientific field limited travel to technical conferences / training seminars may be required to support this position.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.