WTB Financial Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Underwriter II
at WTB Financial Corp
Location: Spokane Home Loan Center - 601 W Main, Spokane, WA 99201
Underwrites overall Mortgage loan documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness. Reviews and evaluates loan-to-value ratio, credit reports, applications, etc., to ensure each loan meets secondary market, investor and company standards. Approves or rejects loans within specified guidelines. Ensures loan processing staff, and loan originators procure appropriate information necessary to finalize loan packages. Maintains awareness of any changes in loan underwriting provisions. Follows defined set of procedures. Work is routine and production oriented.
Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes. Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual required or job-specific training. Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the WTB corporate culture in all actions and words. Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- Underwrite conventional, FHA, USDA and Bond mortgage applications.
- Underwrites all DU/LP/GUS findings. This process includes reconciling income, credit and/or other discrepancies.
- Assures compliance with secondary market requirements.
- Serve as second review officer as needed for mortgage loans
- Provide assistance to less experienced underwriters and may be asked to provide technical assistance
- FHA DE required and VA SAR (preferred)
- Must have a minimum of 3 years current mortgage underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of underwriting procedures, creditor financial analysis, and familiarity with investor requirements.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate lending.
- Knowledge of financial analysis techniques including self-employed analysis- Fannie Mae’s SAM (Schedule Analysis Method) and/or adjusted Gross Method.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with organization and time management effectiveness.
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel, and other business machines.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent (BA preferred).
- Ability to meet deadlines working in high volume production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external clients to effectively work through questions or requests for additional information.