YMCA of Greater Seattle
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of Greater Seattle
- Regular Part-Time
- # of Openings
- YMCA Camp Orkila
- Resident Camp
- 484 Camp Orkila Rd
Assists the Food Service Director and teammates in all camp food services. Maintains clean working space and adheres to all county and state codes. Chopping, cooking, baking, washing, cleaning, rubbish removal is all required.
- Demonstrates knowledge about food safety and follows all food and safety regulations.
- Prepares and serves food to guest and staff.
- Transports food and supplies as needed.
- Ensures proper rotation of food and supplies.
- Maintains temperature logs.
- Maintains high standards of cleanliness.
- Maintains security of kitchen.
- Reports the need for any equipment repair to the Food Service Director.
- Relates to county health officials, food suppliers, guests and staff in a positive and productive manner.
- May supervise food service personnel as directed during Food Service Director's absence.
- Attends kitchen staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current state approved first aid certification.
- Current state approved CPR certification.
- Current Washington Food Handlers Card.
- Current and Valid Drivers License in good standing.
- Demonstrates knowledge about food safety.
- Two years experience in restaurant or institutional cooking.
- Basic kitchen knowledge.
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment with career opportunities and enjoy the benefit of a YMCA membership.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.