YMCA of Greater Seattle
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of Greater Seattle
- # of Openings
- YMCA Camp Colman
- Resident Camp
- 20016 Bay Road KPS
The Y is the nation's leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with each other and our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.
Looking for fun and energetic folks to join our little kitchen team. This is the perfect first job for high schoolers after school and/or on weekends-min age 16. Flexible hours for those who might have another job, go to college, have kids in school or can only work nights/weekends. Hours/schedule varies depending on group needs. Availability to work all shifts as needed (morning, evening and weekends) is a plus. Dependability and being able to take direction is a must.
- Assists Food Service Director as needed.
- Follows all Food and Safety Regulations.
- Washes dishes.
- Cleans pots and pans.
- Performs general cleaning of kitchen and lodge.
- Completes daily preparation as assigned.
- Attends kitchen staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current state approved first aid certification.
- Current state approved CPR certification.
- Current Washington State Food Handlers Card.
- Six months or more related experience or training preferred.
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment with career opportunities and enjoy the benefit of a YMCA membership.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.